9.06.2010

First Blog- Crown of Love

I bought Funeral by Arcade Fire in vinyl yesterday and had to wait until today to listen to it, but I was blown away. It's not that it was my first time hearing any of the songs, or first time hearing them play as one cohesive album, but the quality of the record and the bold sound of the speakers made this album really come alive. Maybe it's because I played it first (I started on side B), but Crown of Love was the most powerful and special to me. I have always enjoyed the song but the beautiful simplicity of it really showed when the song blasted out of the speakers. It started and I couldn't help but smile practically ear to ear. I sauntered to the couch and sat in total silence and ecstasy, enjoying each instrument, each chord, and each lyric. It's the next best thing to seeing them live. When it came to the hyper, upbeat change of pace at the end of Crown of Love, I put my head back and savored the last few seconds of this piece of art.

27 days until I see AF play at the Greek Theater in Berkeley, CA! It's hard to put my excitement in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment